Author Topic: Lightning  (Read 99 times)

Neil

• View Profile
Lightning
« on: 2024-07-05, 00:00:32 »
I should describe it as a "power line event"  blown fuse and bridge rectifier in Astron PS20 power supply. The TS480SAT survived ok  the SPE1KFA powers up but does not work Laptop is ok. I replaced the supply and stripped the station down to only it and the TS480SAT and RR box running V2.95. I can connect remotely with RRC Micro and ARCP480 and it works well. I can not connect remotely with two different  RR boxes and Control heads both do nothing no response at all. I installed my spare RR box and radio at the site and nothing changed, the back up was loaded with the BIN file from the site as all my other backups were lost in an HD failure. I can connect a control head to the radio TTL port  and it works fine I have swapped TTL cables and the spare box and radio were not on site and I confirmed both worked at home on the LAN. I am confused as to what the problem could be. In the past I have had corrupted data in my on site modem where port address changed to ascii data instead of actual port digits. I have reviewed the data in the router port forwarding and RR box but see nothing unusual. I will soon have the ability to port forward at my home and can check my spares on the WAN in the city I have tested them on the LAN, its a 200km trip to the remote site. Any thoughts would be appreciated and hopefully inspirational as I am at a loss as to what to do next.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Lightning
« Reply #1 on: 2024-07-05, 11:27:29 »
Hi
If you can control the radio from RRC Micro but not from a Control-RRC it's probably the RJ12 interface which is damaged in either the radio or the Radio-RRC. When using RRC-Micro only the comport is used for CAT but when using a Control-RRC and a Control Panel the RJ12 interface is used

73 de mike

Neil

• View Profile
Re: Lightning
« Reply #2 on: 2024-07-06, 15:20:43 »
Thank you for your quick response Mike I will have routable ports at home Monday and will spend more time with this problem. You confirmed what I had suspected and it should work, my only thought now is intermittent in the RJ12 cable?  The micro interface is nice but I miss  the control panel.
Neil